The Quest Scholars Network (QSN) staff is pleased to announce the launch of the Official QSN Blogger position! Check out the blog to read all of their posts.
Official QSN Bloggers will write monthly posts we feature on the QSN website. However, posts published on the QSN Blog will not be exclusive to Official Bloggers. Any Quest Scholar may still submit a post for review by the QSN staff.
We would like to congratulate the following selected fleet of Official QSN Bloggers:
Amherst - Victoria "Vee" Turner
Bowdoin - Blogger still needed!
Brown - Tolulope "Adrenaline" Lawal
Caltech - Blogger still needed!
Columbia - Bill "The Sasster" Nguyen
Dartmouth - Carene "California Dreaming" Rose
Emory - Julio "The Coolio" Virtuoso
Grinnell - Mikayla "Corn" Findlay
Haverford - Jessica "SweetFeng"
MIT - Alejandro "DJ Kraus" Krauskopf
Northwestern - Katie "The Astronaut" Jaycox
Notre Dame - Brenna Gautam, A Country Girl
Oberlin - Blogger still needed!
Parsons - Blogger still needed!
Penn - Yessenia Moreno, Just a Small Girl in a BIG City
Pomona - Welcome to Ashley Land
Princeton - Hadley "Sunshine" O'Neill
Rice - Kiara "The Chimera" Aguirre
Scripps - Blogger still needed!
Stanford - Blogger still needed!
Swarthmore - Vasomnoleak Ly, the "Hard Topics" Guy
Trinity - Yun "The Survivor" Gong
USC - Helen "The Fitness Freak" Yiu
UVa - Yan (Loves Buses) Wu
Vassar - Cheyenne "Snow Lord" Sundberg
W&L - Blogger still needed!
Wellesley - Lisa "The Everlasting Scribbler" Liu
Wesleyan - Jessica "The Geek in Exile" Jordan
Williams - Commodore Jorge Castro
Yale - Adri "The Moxie" Miele
University of Chicago - Robert "The Chef" Lipman
- Only one Blogger per partner college will be chosen through an online application, showcasing a sample blog post they submit.
- Once selected, Bloggers must complete their term from January 15, 2013 through August 15, 2013.
- Bloggers must submit a minimum of one post per month throughout their term (7 total).
- Bloggers will be assigned to post at different times during the month, and they must submit posts according to their assigned timeline.
- If prompted with a theme (there will be a minimum of 2 weeks notice), Bloggers must write their post accordingly.
- Photos are strongly encouraged for all posts.
- Bloggers may submit extra posts in addition to their monthly requirement.
- Bloggers must own all content (writing, photos, etc.) that is posted.
- Bloggers may ask a Guest Blogger to submit an entry in their place for up to two of their required monthly posts – while the guest does not have to be a Quest Scholar, the entry must be relevant to college life. Guest Blogging may not occur in two consecutive months.
- Bloggers will be asked to choose a nickname to designate their specialty or focus (e.g., John “The Bookworm” Doe).
- The QSN staff may edit posts for grammar, punctuation, and clarity of ideas. For edits requiring more significant changes in content, posts may be returned to the Blogger for revision.
- All posts should be relevant to the following (or similar) topics:
- QSN Chapter events.
- Work, volunteer, or study-abroad experiences.
- Recent academic/extracurricular achievements.
- Campus events (a lecture you attended, football game, etc.).
- Creative work (poem, short story, etc.).
- The following topics should NOT be in the QSN Blog:
- Announcements of upcoming events.
- Static information, such as QSN Chapter timelines, goals, and leadership.
- Failure to comply with these requirements may result in a revocation of an Official QSN Blogger title. A replacement may be assigned by the QSN staff.
- Be a Quest Scholar in good standing at a QuestBridge partner college. Alumni may apply.
- Submit an application by the deadline (December 31).